Tuesday 19 May 2015

Glasto Cakes - Cambridge Correspondent Reporting!

Hello to all here who are tuned in to take the journey beside us as we make our way to the gates of Worthy Farm and into the Green Fields of Glastonbury!

I was absolutely OVERJOYED to be considered to stand shoulder to shoulder with lovely Somerset WI sisters to help dish out some divine homemade cakes. In fact, it was following talking about vegan baking at the WI's unofficial camp out, Tea and Tents, that the lovely mastermind of the entire Glasto Cakes concept, Katie, contacted me and asked me to share my skills in vegan baking and potentially come along, too. How could I resist?!

A few months later and I find myself on BBC Cambridgeshire promoting the WI's cake stall at Glastonbury that will absolutely be one of the BEST ways that members from across the entire country can come together to celebrate the WI's 100th year! Can you imagine a better place to hold a birthday party than at the world's BEST festival of performing arts?!

I was SO proud to see Katie, Vicci and Margaret hosted on the same page as the Duchess of Cambridge this weekend - and how FABULOUS that we will shortly be welcoming her to our sisterhood, too?!

I'll be spending an entire week in run up to Glastonbury in Katie's kitchen and that of the local village hall, baking vegan cakes divine with a personal goal of 300 cakes in a week! Watch this space for more!

On that note, I leave you with a photo of the tattoo I have done to remember this EPIC journey from my local Friends Meeting House as Founding President of Cambridge Blue Belles WI to the Green Fields at Glastonbury - with a badge depicting the WI's Home and Country logo from wartime. What better way to remember, I say?!


For Home and Country -  celebrating 100 years of the WI!

More soon darlings,

Glasto Cakes Cambridge Correspondent, Joanne

Daisy Change WI
Cambridge Blue Belles WI

No comments:

Post a Comment